Oak Lodge School
101 Nightingale Lane,
MPS Pay Scale 1-6 £34,502 - £44,756 (FTE)
SEN £2,384 – 4,703
Full Time preferable but Part Time considered
British Sign Language Level 3
Suitable for Early Career Teacher
Teaching KS3 to Post 16
To start Easter or earlier if possible
Oak Lodge is a mixed maintained regional day and residential school in the London Borough of Wandsworth. It is situated near to both Wandsworth and Clapham commons with good transport links. Parking is available on-site.
Oak Lodge School provides education for pupils aged 10 to 19 from 32 local authorities. The provision is for students :
- Who are D/deaf
- Who have speech, language and communication needs (SLCN)
(The term D/deaf is used throughout education and research to describe students who are Deaf (British Sign Language users) and deaf (who are hard of hearing and tend to communicate more orally).
The school follows a student-centred Translanguaging approach to communication. You will have the opportunity to work in a vibrant and innovative learning community which promotes the highest standards and is at the forefront of special education.
We are an inclusive school where every student and member of staff is valued highly. Pupils are enthusiastic and friendly and enjoy a varied academic and vocational curriculum.
You will be part of an innovative team committed to developing language and literacy skills and to raising the achievements of all our pupils. Support will be given by a well-established Communication Team.
The successful applicant will:
- have a sound understanding of the impact of deafness and speech, language and communication needs on learning and how to assess, plan and differentiate to account for this;
- have a commitment to collaborative working in developing an outward facing school;
- have a good working knowledge of the schools progress data systems and a sound understanding in applying these to classroom pedagogy;
- be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to promote effective, inclusive education;
For further information and to apply please download an application form and details from the Wandsworth Council website: https://jobs.wandsworth.gov.uk/. Alternatively, this can be downloaded from the school’s website: www.oaklodge.wandsworth.sch.uk.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 4th December 2022
Interviews will be on Tuesday 13th December 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Please note CV’s are not accepted.