Careers Programme Information
Oak Lodge provides a planned programme of Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) for pupils in year 7 – 13 that is impartial and engaging. The programme is designed to develop high aspirations and encourage pupils to consider a broad and ambitious range of career options. The curriculum meets the differing needs and requirements of our pupils. This is developed throughout a pupil’s time at the school and is always supportive of their abilities, strengths and skills.
The aims and purpose of the programme are:
- Prepare pupils for the transition to life after Oak Lodge
- Support pupils in making informed decisions which are appropriate for them
- Provide pupils with well-rounded experiences
- Develop personal characteristics such as social skills, communication, independence and resilience
- Inspire and motivate pupils to develop themselves as individuals and live as independently as is possible